Terms & Conditions
(Last updated 10 January 2020)
Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956, a hotel proprietor may in circumstances be liable to make good any loss of or damage to a guest’s property even though it was not due to any fault of the proprietor of staff of the hotel.
This liability however-
(a) Extends only to the property of the guests who have engaged sleeping accommodation at the hotel;
(b) Is limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one guest, except in the case of property which has been deposited. Or offered for deposit, for safe custody;
(c) Does not cover motor cars or other vehicles of any kind or any property left in them, or horses or other live animals
Lost Property is stored for 28 days then all items are discarded of.
This notice does not constitute an admission either that the Act applies to this hotel or that liability there under attaches to the proprietor of this hotel in any case.
- For BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICIES please see link titled “booking/cancellations policies” in the footer on our main website.Please note Aphrodites Hotel, Windermere Boutique Spa Suites and Windermere Tranquil Retreat are completely non-smoking in the premises and grounds.
- If a guest is found to be smoking within the rooms or grounds, there will be a charge of up to £250 from the card used to secure the booking and they will be asked to leave immediately with no refund given.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept children or pets at Aphrodites Hotel, Windermere Boutique Spa Suites or Windermere Tranquil Retreat. All persons staying must be aged 18 or over. Exceptions are made for Guide/Therapy Dogs.
- Check in for all properties is between 3pm - 10pm. Whilst we try to have Suites ready for 3pm, there may be occasions where, due to circumstances beyond our control, there are some delays.
- Check out for all properties is 10.30am. At the main hotel, Late Check Out is available to purchase at a charge of £30 and will extend your stay until 12 noon. Please note this is limited and is based on a first come first served basis. Unfortunately, Late Check Out is not available at our Windermere Boutique Spa Suites or Windermere Tranquil Retreat properties.
- Breakfast in Bed at the Main Hotel is available to purchase at a charge of £5 per person. Please note this is limited and is based on a first come first served basis. Unfortunately, Breakfast in Bed is not available at our Windermere Boutique Spa Suites or Windermere Tranquil Retreat properties.
- We offer a snack menu at the main hotel from 1pm - 8pm. This can either be served in our bistro or directly to your Suite if you are based at the main hotel. Unfortunately, we cannot offer room service for food or drinks to our Windermere Boutique Spa Suites or Windermere Tranquil Retreat properties. Takeaways are permitted at all properties, please ask our Reception for recommendations.
- Please note that our Windermere Boutique Spa Suites and Windermere Tranquil Retreat are situated half a mile from the main hotel reception. Please check in at the main hotel, where you will then be given keys and directions to your private parking space at your Suite.
- Please be aware that Aphrodites Hotel reserve the right to change your Suite if circumstances dictate that your Suite is non-operational. We will do our absolute utmost to avoid this situation from occurring, however please understand that if a situation does arise where your Suite is non-operational and we have to transfer you, this is for your own benefit and safety.
- We ask that all guests respect their Suite and surroundings, please be aware that the management have the right to evict guests for anti-social or unreasonable behaviour without a refund. Any guest found to be causing a disturbance, including noise pollution, that results in a complaint from another guest will be charged a fee from the card used to secure the booking.
- For Christmas bookings over 24th & 25th December, please note rates are room only basis, and do not include Breakfast or use of our pool & spa area.
- If you are booking through a 3rd party website eg booking.com/expedia, please read the terms & conditions on the relevant website as they may differ from our direct booking system.
- Treatments are available at an extra cost. Please see our Beauty and Holistic Treatments link in the footer of our website for a list of treatments and separate terms & conditions.
- Spa Baths and Hot Tubs: with consideration to other guests please do not use these facilities between 10.30pm and 8.00am. Please do not add any bath oils or bubbles to hot tubs, damages to the filter system will be charged for via the card used on your booking.
- Keys: All keys must be handed back to reception at Aphrodites main hotel upon departure. If keys are not returned, or are returned broken, then replacement locks and keys will be charged to the guests' card used on the booking at a minimum charge of £200.
- Parking: Aphrodites Hotel main car park has 14 car parking spaces for guests. All guests booked in at our Windermere Boutique Spa Suites or Windermere Tranquil Retreat properties will receive a complimentary private car parking space with their Suite.
- If there are any breakages or damage to hotel property, or items missing from within the hotel we will charge the card used to secure the booking or the card used during your stay.
- Please note that we allow up to 3 hours to clean the rooms and suites, if the room is left in such a state that requires extra cleaning or deep cleaning there will be an extra housekeeping charge of £25 per hour, this will be charged automatically to the card used to secure the booking or the card used during your stay.
- Please be aware the hotel cannot be held responsible for any issues with WIFI/internet connection issues that are out of our control.
- The Pool area is open from 8am-8pm. All guests receive complimentary use of our pool area with Steam Room & Sauna. Locker keys are provided at Reception and there are towels and robes provided in individual lockers. We have separate male and female changing areas down in our Spa area. Cleaning will take place each day and may result in the pool area being closed for a short period of time.
- Loss of/or Damage to guests Property
- Force Majeure: Aphrodites Hotel will not be liable for any change or cancellation of any reservation that is caused, in whole or in part, by events, occurrences, or causes beyond the control of Aphrodites Hotel. Such events, occurrences, or causes include, without limitation, acts of God, terrorist activities, weather, strikes, lockouts, riots, acts of war, earthquake, volcanic activity, ash clouds, tsunamis, fire and explosions. WE RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE TO BE TAKEN OUT.
- Complaints: Complaints WILL NOT be replied to if posted on any online platforms eg tripavisor, booking.com, expedia, facebook, twitter, Airbnb etc. Complaints MUST be reported within 4 days of departure date through our designated complaints email address below. Issues that could have been resolved, however not brought to the attention of the staff during your stay will not be replied to. Genuine issues and justified complaints will be rectified by way of voucher towards a future stay, we have a strict no refunds policy in place. Aphrodites Hotel Groups legal department reserve the right to financially pursue any parties who post slanderous comments on any online platforms. Please email your complaint, stating your booking reference, to email@example.com
Want to say hello? Want to know more about us? Give us a call or drop us an email and we will get back to you as soon as we can.